- Weather Shamanism for Our Times
Weather Dancers, Rainmakers, and Healers
- Nan Moss & David Corbin
August 24 - 28, 2012
Skalitude Retreat, Twisp, WA
- Weather Shamanism is about the shaman’s long-held, respected task of looking after relations between the human community and the beings and spirits of Nature. As a practice of spiritual ecology, weather shamanism is for those who care about the viability of our planet and who sincerely wish to work on behalf of restoration and well-being for our present times – as well as for a world our descendants will thank us for.
- At the heart of weather shamanism is WEATHER DANCING – the essence of the spiritual relationship, its practice, and ethics. Weather Dancing is also about the metaphor of the Rainmaker – of personal growth and spiritual evolution – whereby bringing on rain is secondary to the path itself of becoming fully human – of stepping into our potential as True Human Beings.
- Through the practice of Weather Shamanism we endeavor to explore the true nature of this amazing and complex Middle World we live in and how it works beneath the surface of our assumptions. We utilize the tools, methodology and world-view of shamanism to explore the spiritual world of Earth and Sky.
- Shamans are healers, and our goal is to help heal and deepen our relationship with weather. Through the shamanic journey, practices of attention, divination, ceremony and more, we work in partnership with the spirits of weather to find out what they can teach us, what they want from us, and how we can all work together to help ourselves and the Earth return to a path of balance and well-being.
This workshop will cover 3 levels of Weather Shamanism. You can take all or part of the series! This is the first time the advanced level 3 will be offered on the west coast.
Level 1: Introduction to Weather Shamanism
Level 2: Weather in the Middle World
Level 3: The Healing Heart of Weather
Levels 1,2 & 3: $895 (all days)
Levels 1 & 2 or 2 & 3: $705
Includes lodging and meals
|Pay with credit card:||Pay with check:|
contact Lindsey if any questions!
There are 2 work trade opportunities available, mosty food prep and cleaning. Preference given to folks who have attended the Fairy & Human Relations Congress.
Nan Moss and David Corbin have been teaching shamanism for twenty years. They are the authors of
Weather Shamanism: Harmonizing Our Connection with the Elements and CloudDancing: Wisdom from the Sky, a set of divination cards and guidebook. www.shamanscircle.com
"The Weather Shamanism retreat was a profound experience, giving me an
unparalleled opportunity to connect with weather spirits in a pure and
beautiful environment. Nan (Moss) and David (Corbin) opened my eyes to the
endless possibilities of connecting with nature on a daily basis. I put
this newfound practice into motion shortly after the retreat when I took a
fishing trip back home. As we left the marina that morning, I journeyed up
into the clouds and spoke with the weather spirits. I thanked them for
gracing us with gentle breezes and expressed my gratitude for this beautiful
new relationship we had formed together. The weather turned out to be
perfect that day, and the fish were bountiful. When I later looked at the
photos I had taken from the fishing trip, I couldn't believe how many orbs
were in them..taken just moments after my conversation with the weather
spirits. What a shame it would've been if I had just blindly left the
marina, hoping to catch some fish that day! So thankful that the Weather
Shamanism retreat helped me realize the beautiful ebb and flow of
giving/receiving you can have with all Mother Earth has to offer."
-Lisa Finney, Michigan