- Daphne Charters and the Fairy & Human Relations Congress
Daphne Charters wrote down her adventures with the fairies over a span of four decades. She could see the fairies and carried on long conversations with them. The fairies told Daphne about their lives, their exploits, their work and their spiritual developments. As such, they are stories about the lives of the fairies told in their own words.
One of the most far-reaching outcomes of the friendship between Daphne and the fairies was the establishment of their annual Fairy & Human Relations Congress. The story of the beginnings of the Congress is found in Chapter 3 of "A True Fairy Tale" and in Daphne's preface to the Report on the 1985 Fairy & Human Relations Congress. The Congress was a success from the very first one, (held sometime in the early 1950s) which 3,000 fairies from around the world attended, along with the high devas assigned to help keep it organized. The only humans present were not in their physical form with the exception of Daphne.
Daphne passed on from the Earth plane in 1991, after asking Michael Pilarski to publish her Collected Manuscripts. In 2001, the first Fairy & Human Relations Congress on the earthly plane was held at Skalitude in Eastern Washington. It has been an annual event ever since.
- Daphne's Manuscripts
- Thoughts on Daphne’s Writings - by Michael Pilarski
- A Short Biography on Daphne Charters - by Guy Burdett
- Sequence of Events
- Types of Stories
- A Fairy in the Land of Music - by Normus
- Faeries in My Garden - Daphne Charters
- The Fairies' Story of the 1985 Fairy Congress
- Blending and Becoming - by Father John
- Fairy Instruments - by Father John and Jack
- A Visit to the Land of the Harneles - by Maire
- On the Hatreds' Trail - By Perima
- Rays for the "Lost Ones" - by Ronald
- The Spider-Musicians - by Rudolph
- Download PDF of orderform
- To order books send a check to
Friends of the Trees
PO Box 253
Twisp, WA 98856
- Forty Years with the Fairies
- Volume I of The Collected Fairy Manuscripts of Daphne Charters.
This new book was just compiled by Michael Pilarski. One of the most detailed works about the lives of the fairies ever written. Daphne's writings span the time period from 1950 to 1990. Much of this book has never before been published. Fascinating! Entertaining! Uplifting!
The plan is to have all of Daphne's writings published in three volumes.
also available at www.rjstewart.net/other-authors.htm
- A True Fairy Tale
- First published in England in 1956.
Republished in the US by Friends of the Trees in 1979.
- Fairy Story Sampler #1
- The Collected Manuscripts of Daphne Charters.
13 Selected True Fairy Stories.